Saturday, 26 July 2014

Altered SMA tin

This is the prototype for next months playday project, an altered SMA tin.  It's still a work in progress (I ran out of yellow paper for the stamens and got fed up with spritzing white paper)

3 Prima dolls all paper pieced and coloured with copics & polychromos.

Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms flowers with various leaf dies & bits of pearl string.

I did learn a couple of things when making it... don't add trim around the top unless the lid is in situ.. you can see on the 2nd pic where trying to ram the lid on it's moved the pearls out of place.  Secondly.. don't add the flowers before the doll is in place.. I had to rip a few off as Prima dolls are quite tall and need the full length of the tin even after chopping off an inch or 2 from their legs.

This is the card I made for my future daughter in laws birthday.  Using an old creative expressions mandala stamp, copics,  spellbinder dies & some ribbon.  The butterfly has been 3d'd and is from a Prima paper pad.  TH rock candy glitter over some of the flower image, it hadnt quite dried when I took the pic.

Wednesday, 16 July 2014

new & old

A couple using some old & new stash from me today.  I bought a new stamp & die set from Oysterstamps from Heartfelt Creations, Arianna flowers.  I had a play using calypso coral ink from SU and ripe persimon distress marker ink and decided to try for a monotone (ish) card to fit with the brief at createlicious challenge blog.  This one is using a sketch from KraftinKimmieStamps Blogspot
and is a first outing for Katherine.  She's stamped onto PTI card and coloured with copics.  SU papers and a couple of nesties.

This one is using a very old stamp from Elusive Images and is coloured with copics, cut with a nestie and some frantage enamels added.  First Edition Papers, SU cardstock and sentiment.  Bit of an oddity that I'm not sure about, I generally don't mix cream toned papers with white but seems to work this time rather than screaming wrong at me.

Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Old skool lol

Not quite sure how the convo started but a few weeks back I mentioned queree punches on a forum and no one had a clue what I was on about.. so I explained it was a decorative shape that was designed to be embroidered over.  Thought nothing more of it for a few days then had a hankering to get the punches out and see how they worked with a self made distress background..  I decided I wanted to make a large card to go with a prima doll I couldnt remember whether I'd inked or not and thought would be good for a friends bday.

I started off with denim, glass, tie dye & twig distress ink and gave it a blast with biscotti perfect pearls.  Then using a couple of flourishes from a Technique Tuesday stamp set I randomly stamped the flourishes with 2nd gen gathered twig.  Once I was happy with the background I used a queree punch to punch teardrop/leaf shapes into the background, perforated a few holes around them and battled with bad eyesight, a beading needle and gold thread.

 Pic isnt great but you can see where the embroidery was done over the queree punch.

Once I had the background finished I looked through my papers for something to match the colour ways.  I normally bitterly regret doing this as I've never got anything to match but as luck would have it I had Bo Bunny & My Minds Eye papers which worked well so I set about paper piecing the doll before mounting her, a SU sentiment on some SU card and adding the pearls.

I must own up on this one, the leaf pattern on the skirt, the flourishes & the shape of the queree punch makes it look as though I'd coordinated everything from the start but that was just a happy accident lol.

Thursday, 10 July 2014

On a roll

Definitely on a roll since I tidied the playroom, this makes 5 cards in a week, not bad seeing as I bet I hadnt made 5 cards in the last 6 months let alone blogged them.

This is a first outing for Kraftin Kimmies Eliza, I bought her ages ago just because she's pretty and I wanted her to live in my playroom.  I wasn't actually going to make a card today but a facebook posting from Kraftin Kimmie about their Wonderful Wednesday Challenge reminded me that I hadn't inked Eliza and one thing led to another lol.

Coloured in copics & polychromos on PTI cardstock she's cut and 3d decoupaged (yep, even the umbrella handle.. twice!) before having a coat of clear wink of stella over the umbrella and her ribbons.  Background papers are new bloom from First Edition, cardstock from StampinUp and I've used 2 dies from Spellbinders and a Martha Stewart punch. 

The layout is from SketchandStash Challenge Blog sketch 6,which I've taken the liberty of making a bit fatter and moving the sentiment.

Wednesday, 9 July 2014

more bday cards

Nothing like a tidy playroom to make me a bit more productive here are a couple more cards made this week.

This one is using My Minds Eye papers, a whimsy stamp and it's the first time I've coloured with copics and gone over with polychromos.  

It's my lads birthday at the end of next month (get me being organised lol)  and I bought this Kenny K stamp at the last Sincerely Yours show just for him.  I did cock up the colouring and his forearm is now a sleeve and the bangle just a wrinkle lol.

Coloured with copics, crafts too embossing folder, burlap & sky distress ink with dimension fourth music script background.  Nestie star and a couple of gems.   Both images have sentiments from StampinUp.

Monday, 7 July 2014

not sure

I'm totally not sure whether to bin this one or not.  Made for friends who are a lot younger than us and have just moved house.  House is deliberately horrid colours and patchy for reasons I wont go into but they're quite apt for him.

Dylusions house, SU build a figure, sentiment & "sun" Coloured with copics.