Saturday, 26 July 2014

Altered SMA tin

This is the prototype for next months playday project, an altered SMA tin.  It's still a work in progress (I ran out of yellow paper for the stamens and got fed up with spritzing white paper)

3 Prima dolls all paper pieced and coloured with copics & polychromos.

Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms flowers with various leaf dies & bits of pearl string.

I did learn a couple of things when making it... don't add trim around the top unless the lid is in situ.. you can see on the 2nd pic where trying to ram the lid on it's moved the pearls out of place.  Secondly.. don't add the flowers before the doll is in place.. I had to rip a few off as Prima dolls are quite tall and need the full length of the tin even after chopping off an inch or 2 from their legs.

This is the card I made for my future daughter in laws birthday.  Using an old creative expressions mandala stamp, copics,  spellbinder dies & some ribbon.  The butterfly has been 3d'd and is from a Prima paper pad.  TH rock candy glitter over some of the flower image, it hadnt quite dried when I took the pic.

No comments: