Tuesday 15 July 2014

Old skool lol

Not quite sure how the convo started but a few weeks back I mentioned queree punches on a forum and no one had a clue what I was on about.. so I explained it was a decorative shape that was designed to be embroidered over.  Thought nothing more of it for a few days then had a hankering to get the punches out and see how they worked with a self made distress background..  I decided I wanted to make a large card to go with a prima doll I couldnt remember whether I'd inked or not and thought would be good for a friends bday.

I started off with denim, glass, tie dye & twig distress ink and gave it a blast with biscotti perfect pearls.  Then using a couple of flourishes from a Technique Tuesday stamp set I randomly stamped the flourishes with 2nd gen gathered twig.  Once I was happy with the background I used a queree punch to punch teardrop/leaf shapes into the background, perforated a few holes around them and battled with bad eyesight, a beading needle and gold thread.


 Pic isnt great but you can see where the embroidery was done over the queree punch.










Once I had the background finished I looked through my papers for something to match the colour ways.  I normally bitterly regret doing this as I've never got anything to match but as luck would have it I had Bo Bunny & My Minds Eye papers which worked well so I set about paper piecing the doll before mounting her, a SU sentiment on some SU card and adding the pearls.

I must own up on this one, the leaf pattern on the skirt, the flourishes & the shape of the queree punch makes it look as though I'd coordinated everything from the start but that was just a happy accident lol.

No comments: