Friday 18 October 2013

bodge job & birthdays

I forgot how much I loved/loathed it when Tim posted a 12 tag and I didnt have all that was needed.  This months I had a big fat NOTHING that he used.. now I dont do halloween so I didnt really want to go out and buy stash I'd never use just for a tag so I had to think on my feet a bit (and a trip to Artistic Stamper got me the paints).  Quite coincidentally my mate Tracy had just bought a cricut halloween cart so I asked her to cut me a frame.  I didnt think of asking her to see if there was a cat/witch/pumpkin/owl that she could cut as well, d'oh lol.  One craft knife & a bit of free hand cutting I have a passable (laughable) imitation of Tims owl & moon die.  Next problem was no glitter... sorry Tim I've just given shed loads of glitters away no way Jose am I buying more even if it is in the distress range.. well I might on the weekend lol.  Well, there had to be a reason why I've bought more than a few glittery embossing powders over the years when I rarely like how they lose the detail of the stamp...

So here we have one bodge job of the 12 tags, distress paints as per Tims list, forest moss & black soot distress inks.  SU french script & sentiment stamp, versafine, gem stars I had lying around (phew before I dapped my hands on them I thought I'd be using peel off stars!!)

I'm not impressed with the tag now it's finished but I did love it before I stuck the cutouts & stars on lol.

Now my aforementioned mate Tracy doesnt see the point in making tags... and it's her birthday next month and she's already threatened me NOT to make her a tag bday card...  oops, too late Tracy this one might just end up on a card for you ;o)

Iced spruce, weathered wood & seedless preserve distress inks, Su french script & sentiment stamps, Jofy stamps watercoloured with DI on watercolour paper and hand cut.  All splattered with silver distress paint & inteference medium, edges gone around with imaginations silver sparkle medium.  When they say sparkle they really do mean sparkle!!












It's another friends birthday on Sunday and she likes bling & shiney so I went as far as I could handle before the silver holo mirri sparked off a migraine.
Nowt but white stardream card & paper and silver holographic mirri.
Spellbinders label & motif die, TH tattered pinecone die, memory box flourish die.  



I liked the lay out I did on last weeks tag so much I sort of replicated it here with different flowers and no leaves.  Add in some silver splatters on the flowers, some gem pins, ribbon, tiny SU sentiment and bobs your uncle & fanny is your aunt one done card.  I hope it's blingey enough for her lol.






3 comments:

ALI said...

Sue I love these tags, love the colours.

Julia said...

Great tags, I particularly like the JOFY one.

Abfabdesigns said...

Oh it was lol
Hugs xxx