Tuesday 8 October 2013

halloween tag

It's my sister in laws 60th birthday on halloween so I made a tag for her.  She's not yet into the weird and wonderful world of tags yet so I've kept it pretty "normal" as I dont think she'd appreciate me adding lots of odd things to it lol.

The base tag is coloured with ripe persimmon & dusty concord distress ink   I then used an imagination spiders web stencil and sponged more dusty concord through.  I only wanted a subtle detail so I went with a very light touch, so light I dont think the camera caught it but it was softened even more when it got splattered and misted.  Next step was 2nd generation versafine purple in my new bestest mate.. my kaiser crackle stamp.  Lavinia witch, mushrooms, cauldron & upside down seaweed stamped in black versafine.  Top right corner is a small spiders web stamp to echo the odd glimpses from the stencil, I used versamark & some black glint wow embossing powder.  Finally a  squirt of biscotti perfect pearls mist and a quick whizz around the outside with black soot distress ink.

I'm going to submit this one to

Haunted Design House  (Tracy, you want to go look at this blog, right up your street!!)

Imagination Craft Challenges

Stamp & Create

and finally the Pink Elephant Challenge


2 comments:

mags said...

A lovely tag for Halloween. Thanks for sharing with us at Imagination Crafts.
Mags
x

rachel said...

a fabulous tag - super colours and layout of images. Thanks for joining us at Imagination Crafts this month x