Tuesday, 8 October 2013

first prima doll tag

I was really lucky a couple of weeks ago and won a prima doll stamp & paper pad from CraftMojo thanks to their facebook giveaway.  I finally got around to inking her up and decided it had to be a tag.

Lots of things I'd do differently on this one but I'm sort of happy with it.

I started off with white dl card and a piece of old dcwv papers.  I liked the pattern but not the colours so gave it a few thin coats of gesso.. and here was problem number 1.. all the distress ink I added afterwards didnt want to stay dark.  This is actually blended with barn door, persimmon, wild honey, tea dye, vintage photo & forest moss!!  No matter what I did I couldnt keep the colours dark, it's as tho the colour was sinking below the gesso.   Once I'd given up trying to get more colour in I used barn door, forest moss & tea dye to random stamp some old leaf stamps then 3rd gen purple & green versafine with a SU french script background stamp.   I cut a small panel from the Prima pad, coloured with wild honey DI and punched along the bottom with a MS punch.

The window is hand embossed & cut from an old Marianne Design stencil, coloured with the same DI as before then covered with antique linen crackle paint which has gone a mucky green which looks pretty much a heritage colour iykwim.  The spellbinders bauble border was coloured using the same inks but I added some cream cosmic shimmer glue "pearls"

The prima doll is paper pieced with First Edition papers which have been covered with barn door di and her skin/hair is colour with copics.  Along the bottom of the skirt I cut into some threaded trim and used glossy accents to mold it around where I couldnt be bothered to cut the ruffles from the stamped image ;o)

In the top corner I've used 2 marianne design leaf dies and some wild orchid crafts flowers.  The leaves were cut from ooops I mucked up tags that had been marbled with distress paints.  Glad I chucked them back in the pot instead of throwing them as they really worked well with the colour scheme.

Next came another oops moment, I'd stuck everything down then decided it needed a pearl flourish.  I'm too tight to pay £2/3 for a one use flourish so carefully pricked a pattern ready to stick down some flatback pearls only to realise I've either ran out of cream ones or there's hiding from view somewhere in amongst the chaos that is my playroom.  Cosmic glue to the rescue.. not!  The pearls had to stay small for the pattern but look pretty naff that small.  I'll have to go shopping tomorrow and stick them down over the top.. well that will be my excuse to go shopping ;o)

Thinks I'll enter this one into Mariannes Design Divas blog challenge.

2 comments:

kay said...

It's fabulous Sue,enjoy your shopping for pearls x

Tineke said...

Schitterend mooi is je tag!
Dank je wel voor je bijdrage bij MD Divas.
Groetjes Tineke