Tuesday 15 October 2013

challenge Angie and I failed

One of my bestest mates is having a bit of a tough year and her mojo has gone walkies so I challenged her and a couple of other friends to make a tag this week using a tutorial from Tammy Tutterow.

Well I couldnt be mean and make them do it but not join in so I had a go as well.

I learnt something from the tutorial, apart from the obvious lesson in woodgrain effects... dont be bone idle lazy and think that Dylussions white ink mist will do a similar thing but be a lot quicker, easier and with less mess than decanting picket fence distress stain.. 

it doesnt, well at least I dont think it does.  Not sure why but I struggle like dickens with adding dye ink over the top of gesso and white inks.. the colour always seems to sink below the white pigment and I either get really pale shades or as with this tag white hued patches.

I used Dyans white spray, frayed burlap & walnut distress stains on the Langton water colour paper and SU woodgrain stamp for the base.  Heartfelt creations stamped on langton & coloured with distress markers, brush over with wink of stella glitter before being cut and stuck down.  Words from Jofy stamp set then everything was versamarked and covered with clear ep.  Jofy butterfly then coloured with the same markers & wink of stella before being cut into, shaped and triple embossed and stuck on with glossy accents.  It's not as bad as the photo but it's not one I'd be happy to lay claim to.

1 comment:

kay said...

Well It certainly produced the desired effect though x