Tuesday 24 February 2009

Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge 40

Unusual is the word for this weeks Spoon Full of Sugar challenge which was to make a card which wasnt the standard square or rectangle.

A long time ago I made an oriental card from Janet Wilson & Tiny vd Plaas book More Teabag Folding, which involved cutting a latticed pagoda by hand. I still love the book and have saved the pattern on the pc. Perfect for my new craftwork cards stamps and this particular theme.

These days I'm addicted to seeing how far I can push my cricut so I fiddled with the pattern and sent it to scal to cut. Naughty I know and I am working on my own pc drawn version but it's going to take me longer than this challenge.

The pagoda was cut in 2 pieces, the main 3 part panel with a middle panel & roof. I attached some thick oriental vellum (bought from Xyron peeps at a show donkeys years ago.) before adding the roof & back panel. I then added 2 lil stamped ladies, a few coins strung on some mizhuhiki cord (I havent cleared away from yesterdays playtime and it was handy lol).

Not the easiest thing to photo as I needed to use artificial light to show how the vellum gives the impression of a paper wall that you would get in a Japanese home. You can see the lattice on the back where it's photoed with a light behind.





No comments: