Saturday 14 February 2009

Sister's been playing


My lovely brother in law is decorating the stairs and hall for us at the mo so my sis came for a visit today. She gets all overcome with my playroom, wants to dive in and play but she cant ever decide what to use let alone have a finished card in mind.
So I decided to introduce her into the delights of sketches :o) We found a sketch she liked on Saturday sketch challenge blog and a Hero Arts rose stamp then we spent best part of 2 hours going through my papers!!!
She finally settled on 2 papers from a K&Co pad and I showed her how to use the martha stewart punch to create the frilly ribbon. She coloured the rose with juniper green and pompien red. The sentiment was a freebie with a card mag last month, ribbon from a Brenda Pinnick tsv and a few papermania pearls. The biggest challenge was the 2 flowers by the greeting, as per normal no matter how many primas I have I didnt have the exact shade needed so we used an old mosaic punch and added a couple of gems.
She's quite rightly chuffed with her masterpiece, just hope bil is just as chuffed.
I will say tho Sally if you're reading this...... watching you use a knife and scissors was worse than pulling TEETH!! ;o)

No comments: