Friday 27 June 2008

Usable at last but fuming.






Well as promised a few pics of the playroom. I still have to fit new flooring & curtains and as you might have noticed a door on one of the cupboards......

We only ordered the units a couple of weeks ago, went to fit the doors on Tues only to find one damaged. Over to B&Q on Wed but because I didnt have the receipt with me they would only refund me £1!!!!!!!! The doors had been placed on special Monday £1 each (bl**dy typical). I didnt want a refund though, just a door, not too much to ask.... or was it?

Nope, none in stock.... "I suggest you visit every branch to see if they have any" I spent all of Thurs driving to stores as none of them bothered to answer the phone... none in any of the Bristol shops. Hubby went over this morning to be told "sorry the entire range is discontinued" and it was suggested I chose new doors. Well.... ok.... but the cantilever system (fab btw) is fixed to one and to get it out the worktops would need to be removed, we also have extra side panels which would have to be replaced. All in all the units would need to be totally dismantled, rebuilt & fitted. OK if you've nothing better to do with your time or as it was my best mates hubbies time (cheers Leon). No other suggestion was made to hubby....

I went over, very calmly doing my nut and spoke to the manager... No, replacing all the doors isnt acceptable, I dont mind glazed doors on the top but only if they are the same colour (none of them about either) no, it isnt acceptable for the door to remain missing. The manager then said he should be able to get one from their service team (legal requirement they keep parts in stock for 3 years) but it's not a quick process. Sorry mate, but speak to them and get them to send it to me direct on overnight delivery!!!!! after a bit of forcefulness on my part he agreed within a week and will ring me monday to confirm. Will wait & see if it happens... cant see it myself. B&Q have been nothing but trouble with this project, took 2 trips & a 2 1/2 hr wait just to sort out 1 length of worktop that should have been on the order.... instructions missing from the cantilever.

Would I use B&Q when we replace the kitchen later this year? NO

Other than that I'm really happy with the layout and am finding it works well for me. Still got a bit more sorting, tidying & prettying to do but at the mo I just want to sit back with a cuppa, and yes that is a kettle in the corner ;o)

1 comment:

MeandLilG said...

Oh mate, sounds like a right carry-on! Why do you have to fight for every single flippin thing these days??? And what happened to Customer Service??????? So jealous of your playroom, though!! xx