Wednesday 4 March 2015

new lavinia stamps

I popped up to Farnborough for the MakeIt show last Sunday and picked up this stamp from Lavinia.  I must have liked it so much I accidentally bought a second when we went back just before leaving.  Typical as I'd just been crowing to Tracy that I never duplicated stamps lol.  She's as big a fan as me so she gracefully took it off my hands.

This is the card I came up with from it's first outing.

Ultra marine blue & lemon brushos, sprinkled & sprayed onto white card.  Stamped with black archival when dry then I used a paint brush & some domestos to bleach out the leaf tips.  They do say to use el cheapo thin bleach but the card isnt suitable for water really and it would have pilled if I'd had to do more than one coat, not only that domestos takes the colour out pretty much instantly ;o)

Once the bleach was totally dry I went in with some glamour dust and added just a hint to the very tips of the leaves and used a cluster of star stamps from lavinia randomly around the page and added a very small gem to the centre of the larger stars.

The theme on the Lavinia Challenge blog is to add some gems so I shall enter this one.

7 comments:

Karen said...

This is a really beautiful card and I can understand why you ended up with two as it is such a lovely stamp. Thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck. Kc DT member

Mindful craft said...

This is delightful Sue, lovely and spring like.
Thank you for entering the Lavinia stamps challenge.
Good luck, Karen (DT) xx

Liz said...

What a beautiful card. I love the colours you've used and the Lavinia Stamp is going on my wishlist! x

Barbara said...

This is a gorgeous card, Sue....love that stamp, but strangely I haven't got around to buying it yet....Love the colours, so fresh. Thanks for sharing with us in the Lavinia Stamps March challenge.
Barbara xx

Unknown said...

I love everything about this Sue.... The stamp that you have used is just so pretty and your background so subtle not to overpower the image..... Truly a lovely piece of work..... Good Luck in the Lavinia Challenge and thanks for entering..... Marianne DT xxx

Unknown said...

This is so lovely - those Brushos are AMAZING aren't thay! Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Daria said...

Beautiful!