Sunday 22 March 2015

nec yesterday

Hubby had an appointment in Leicester yesterday so what's a girl supposed to do when it happens to be the same weekend as the nec craftshow and he's literally passing the door?  Yep, you cadge a lift and go say hello to a few friends.

Must say I was gobsmacked at how crap the show was, far far less than half the stands at the November shows but the robbing gits still charge the same price.  I'd have been seriously pissy if I'd had to shell out over £20 just to walk through the doors.

Anyway had a fab time seeing my friends from Oysterstamps, managed to buy a few goodies and got to "demonstrate" "my" new bigshot plus... mine should have been delivered Friday but some stupid idiots crashed their car, lorry & bike on a major road which backed up traffic so badly ukmail rescheduled til Monday.. gawd help them if they don't arrive!!  As soon as it arrives I will disappear into the playroom and test it on plenty of my evil dies & have some fun before giving a review.  Don't expect to see me around much once it's here lol.  We wont mention the horrendous accident on the m4 in the morning and how it was still causing problems on the way home.. an hour between junctions 7 to 8 then had to divert towards Malvern and either stay with the motorway traffic which was nose to bumper for miles or head towards Monmouth & come home via Cardiff & the severn bridge.. A 2hr journey took 4 1/2hrs!

Anyways one of the playday rules is if you attend a craftshow you have to make something with items bought from the show before the next playday.  Thanks to having some brusho backgrounds ready here's TWO I've made.

 Shamelessly cased from one of Andys dt cards for Oysterstamps.  Designs by Ryn fish stamp painted with brushos on Langton wc paper, MemoryBox splashes in puddles die with brusho & rock salt background.  Coloured card from stampinup.

Don't think I could have made this one any gloomier than I did lol but it will come in handy one day.

Banksy style girl & balloon stamp from inkylicious on coated semi gloss card dragged through black brusho. 

I forgot the card had a slippery surface and very quickly had to wipe the black archival skid across the page marks off before restamping using the fiskars stamp press.  Seriously glad I bought that bit of kit a few years back.

No comments: