Saturday 5 February 2011

Wedding card



It's been a looooong time since I got my cutting & embossing stencils out but I felt like playing with a knife today... Maybe my subconscious is trying to say something about hubby lol.

Anyways this weeks friday sketchers has a fab sketch that fitted my needs perfectly as I could use one of my old Marianne Designs stencils to emboss then cut the pattern into the corners. Well that was the plan then I realised I was going to have to freehand cut the central panel out as well. Lots of cutwork.. yummy I love my knife just as much as I do rubber.

Once the outer frame was embossed and cut I mounted it on some concord crush cardstock and cut away the central area.

Mounted on to Lap of Luxury papers with a wedding Tilda & Edwin. They've been water coloured with SU markers in pretty in pink, basic grey, concord crush, more mustard, so saffron, chocolate chip & cajun craze. Tildas crown is coloured with a silver tiara pen and I've added diamond stickles to her veil. Tilda and Edwin have been cut out and mounted on cream pearl card with has been run through a heart embossing folder. Plenty of paper roses, a few gems, a ribbon bow to finish.

3 comments:

Judith said...

Sue, this is a work of art. You really need to click on the picture to open in another window to get a true picture of how much detail there is, very very pretty.

Noreen said...

Beautiful card Sue, looks like you had lots of fun with your knife! xx

lindah11 said...

stunning work
hugs linda x