Monday 9 March 2009

More samples

It's been a very hectic week here. Hubby turned 50 and we had a 50s themed party for him. Seemed a good idea when we arranged it then we looked at the cost of buying proper jive net underskirts... £42 each. Ok for just 1 but I have 2 daughters that wanted them as well. I ended up making all 3 as well as the overskirts, the stuff of nightmares and something I'll never ever ever do again!! Fantastic night was had by most, thanks to the amazing DJ, Mr Leon Oddsocks who was using original vinyl and had most peeps bopping away. Thankfully hubby set the camera up badly so there's no incriminating evidence.

Thankfully it's all over now and I've had a couple of days to play with some Joy stencils for Art Of Craft.

This one is with some mottled paper from a Papercraft 4 You pad. Sadly it's my last sheet :o( but I've made sooo many cards with it. The fushia is from a Marianne Design paper and I've added pink pearls to match the pink gutterman thread.










Same paper and another Marianne 3d but I've used the stencil to create a shaped card instead of a border. Shh, dont tell anyone but that's because I didn't measure while making the 2nd corner and it isn't quite square so I couldnt use it as a frame lol.








The same stencil but this is the other side and I used it to create borders. The stamps are a Clare Curd clear set by Docrafts. Always handy to have some blokeish stamps in the house. I've stamped with versafine, heat set then coloured with promarkers. The red glove is in hubbies honour, doesnt matter what colour he's wearing his golf glove always clashes ;o)
Paper is from DCWV, Nanas Nursery, boys. I rarely if ever make baby/toddler cards but fell in love with the colours.




Finally a very simple but took ages to sew frame. Another of Marianne Designs 3ds with papers from Nanas Nursery, girls. I used the cricut & scal to cut the mat, added some gems, a ribbon and a few peel off corners.

No comments: