Sunday, 8 September 2013

12 tags of 2013 September


Not quite sure what happened to this one I filled my bag for playday this morning with the intent of doing summery and bright...

As per Tims September tag I started off using embossing paste and a few of Tims new stencils to add a bit of texture to the blank tag, dried them off then used some picket fence distress paint with another of his yummy stencils to create the resist.  Quick mist before adding picked raspberry, peacock feathers and bundled sage distress stain.

Another quick blast of the heat tool then I used frayed burlap over another couple of his stencils, stamped with a crackle and wood edge background in frayed burlap, his drippy butterfly in black archival before going in with the blending tool, more frayed burlap and some black soot.   Then I used the same distress ink & frayed burlap on some of his crinkle ribbon,  originally it had stencilled black soot dots but I forgot that DI isnt waterproof and went in with the mister to crinkle the ribbon.  Ooops I waited til it dried and redid the dots.  This was attached with a word pin and charm.  Finally I used some of those wonderful word stickers, they read encourage, imagination, possibility which totally described Tims fab class at Coventry.   These were outlined with a black soot marker.  Oddly the texture is showing more in the photo than it does in real life.



Not sure if I'm going to add anything to this one or not as I quite like it as is.

I started off by glueing a poppy diecut from Memory box before covering the tag with embossing paste.  While the paste was wet I used a serated plastic knife to scrape off the excess and gouge wavy patterns.  Quick blast with the heat gun (then a quick dash to the shops)  I chopped the flower heads from another diecut and glued them in place to raise the flower detail.  I then used 3 distress paints, seedless preserves, spun sugar and chipped sapphire and blobbed them over the dried paste, massive mist with some water and I tipped the tag this way and that to allow the paints to run into each other.  Lots of heatgunning later I managed to bubble and blister the paint in a few places for a bit more texture.  I then used blue, pink, teal & white gilding waxes and rubbed over the flower and a few small patches of the wavy pattern to highlight the textures and went in with some black soot distress ink.  Time to test my new white Dylusions ink spray because it was getting a bit too dark, yay I like the way this ink gives a nice spatter instead of heavy centred splodge.

It was really fun spending playday actually playing lol

2 comments:

kay said...

It was good to see you actually playing too x

Cathy Parlitsis said...

I love your tag! Excellent job! I love how the butterfly looks like it's dripping! So cool!