Thursday 16 October 2008

Playing with stencils

Hubby had a party he wanted us to go to towards Esher last weekend so I said only if you work in the Farnborough area and drop me off at Art Of Craft. Now he either loves me loads or he really really wanted to go to the party as normally the words Craft & Shop bring terror to his face. Coupled with the fact that he knows the one in Farnborough is my absolute favourite I'm amazed he didnt keel over!! Art Of Craft is packed to the rafters with goodies and they stock my favourite stencils, Marianne Design & Joy Crafts. I'm not going to admit to what I came away with but I'm sure over the next week or so I'll be posting finished cards.


All 3 of these are Anja Window Stencils from Marianne.
This one uses a Marianne 123 decoupage paper and the backing paper is from a Papercraft 4 you 6*6 pad with a few gems. I've kept it really simple to show off just how elegant the stencil is.


This one is actually upside down and I've cut away the window crossbar. There was just something about it that screamed xmas bauble so I teamed it with DCWV rose tinted xmas papers and a small 3d from a Mirielle decoupage book. Some lilac organza ribbon and a mat pearl silver card.
This one uses paper from a DCWV pad, Marianne Poppy 3d decoupage and a gold ribbon. Because I'm so enamoured with the stencils I havent done any challenge cards this week so based it loosely on a sketch from Friday Sketchers.

No comments: