Saturday, 4 May 2013
Again playing using frayed burlap & walnut stain distress inks. Photo doesnt show it but there are tiny hints of tumbled glass, worn lipstick, bundled sage & dried marigold on the main panel.
Layout is from Sketch Saturday
Flower & sentiment stamp - StampinUp, flourish stamp is one of the stamp a page I bought from stampsandmemories.
I started by cutting 2 masks, one for the thin panels and one for the central panel.
Central panel was stamped first, masked, then the masks for the thin panels were laid over the top. Everything but the panel was masked off and I had fun with all of the distress inks mentioned. Bit of a booboo, I used tombow repo on the masks and a tiny bit of it must have stuck to the card and this really went dark when inked over. Voila, one small sentiment cut out and stuck over the top and all is well. Does mean that I'm going to have to stop being a tightwad and buy some ready tacky masking paper if I want to play around with this style again but I suppose I can find something else to buy at the same time ;o)
Finally all the panels were drawn around for definition, krylon gold on the panel, crumb cake marker on thin panels. Matted onto deep brown stardream then a plain cream cardblank. This isnt my favourite of the 3 cards but it was fun playing around with nothing but ink & rubber.
Posted by Playing with paper at 13:48