Sunday 17 October 2010

Challenge card



I havent made a Tilda card for months so it was nice to be able to grab the copics and have a go with this one.


The sketch is from Friday Sketchers and the theme of Oriental from Saturday Challenge




Long copic list, sorry. bv02, 13 b00, 02, bg 10, 15, 23, v12, e71, c1,3, 5. Promarker black, ivory & blush. My first attempt at black hair and I'm not very happy with it, the promarker just didnt want to blend nicely with the copics.

Paper is a thin tissue stamped with a very old um in taken with teal and mounted on taken with teal cs. I'm still gutted that SU discontinued this colour but I've got a few packs stashed away safely lol . Ovals were cut with a creative memories system, tag with scal and edged with twt ink before a few ribbons were threaded through. All mounted on a pale variagated card I've had for years. Not colours you'd normally think of for oriental but I wanted them to go with a few mizhuhiki cords I've had for even longer than I can think. The knot was looking quite tidy until I used some pinflair glue gel to attach. While it's still not quite set I think I'll take it off and tie again. I'll use some tombow to stick it on, not much that wont hold tight.

7 comments:

Suzie said...

Gorgeous! I am loving these Tilda's at the moment. Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week. Suzie x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So pretty

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Noreen said...

Gorgeous card Sue, Tilda looks great with the papers you've chosen xx

downrightcrafty said...

what a stunning Tilda and love the colours used to create this oriental card, beautiful
Hugs Kate xx
SCSC GDT

Mel X said...

Tilda looks fabulous, quite elegant. Love the papers and colour combi used here. A lovely creation.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

Stampin'Piper said...

Great card, love the colors!

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card Sue, I used the same image! great take on the sketch, just perfect for an Oriental style of card, Jo x