Thursday 1 July 2010

Another 3d rose easel card


For those who don't know me in real life tomorrow is one of those mile stone events I never thought I'd see.

My niece was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukaemia at age 5 then again at 11. Thanks to the Anthony Nolan trust a bone marrow donor was found just in the nick of time and although she didnt have an easy time with the transplant tomorrow she's going to be 21. NB, for all the ladies at an old egroup called papercrafts, she still has all the cards and mementoes you all kindly sent her. Thanks once again for keeping her spirits up.

Like my last easel card I've used a MS punch around the page set and have made a super sized easel card. The roses were cut with scal before having some stickles applied to the edge of a few petals and a Leone Em branch with leaves punch. I've used a Clarity flourish stamp to add a border to the base and behind the central panel. I mistakenly used a pearlised card which doesnt like ink so the elegant eggplant ink isnt a true dark purple any more but I liked the effect so I didnt start again as I often do lol. Underneath the ribbon I've added a key and padlock charm, these were made with a spellbinders die on clear shrink plastic which had been inked over with some silver alchie ink and stamped with the same clarity flourish in elegant eggplant. The detail doesnt show on the pic but I'm really pleased with them. Finally the sentiment was stamped before being punched with 2 SU oval punches then 3d'd to give a lip for the easel to sit on. I might have a go later at cutting a 21 charm on some shrink plastic with the cricut but then again I might not lol. If I do I'll let you all know how the cricut liked it.

No comments: