Monday, 6 April 2009

Series of mistakes



This was made using a sketch of Charisma Cardz challenge and is a perfect example of why everyone should make charts of copics blended together. It doesn't look too bad at this size but in real life the rv000 use to blend the pinks has developed overnight into what looks like greasy marks instead of nicely shaded colouring. Bildmilarna stamped image with memento ink on bristol board coloured with dress rv000, r85, rv21. Hair e35, e31 & e53, Green flower yg11 yg41 & g21. with y00 & y21 for the centre of the flower. B00 for the trim of the dress.

Mustard yellow white core card embossed with birds & vines bug folder before being sanded back. Paper is from dcwv Blossoms & Butterflies but as I stuck it down I forgot I should have been sticking it to some green card not straight to the white core card.

Mistake 3 is the flower. I used psp & scal to cut the flower in 2 parts before shaping with a large ball tool. The sides of the cutaway layer didnt take the shaping very well and with hindsight it doesnt work, not the shape, size or colour.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Fab card Sue. If this is your standard while making mistakes I wish I made mine like yours! I think it looks wonderful. Thanks for joining the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
Sharon xx

Vee said...

Lovely card Sue. I agree with Sharon I think it's gorgoeus. Thanks for joining the Charisma challenge this week.
xx Vee