Monday, 10 August 2015

bday cards for playday ladies

 Another scheduled post, at the time of writing this I'm now 6 months ahead of myself for cards for my playday friends.  Woohoo, get me all organised for once lol.  Nb, this never posted and Idon't know why :(

This one is for Angie, she really likes purple. inkylicious face stamp, on brushoed & distressed, & mica misted background with butterfly punches using mop up pieces.

Very simple masked strip of colour, pine needles, peacock feathers & pistashio distress ink.  IndigoBlu stamp from wild meadows set.

Another brushoed background with distress inked edges.  Lavinia stamps which have either been painted with brusho or sponged with distress inks.  I didn't quite get the steps & door lined up perfectly but I wasn't too worried about it.

You can't get much more simple than this one.. a single stamp from Lavinia Stamps, on a white panel of card that's had lilac, pistachio & raspberry distress ink blended across.  Seed heads painted with blue & purple brusho.  Mounted onto layers of black & white card stock & a simple sentiment at the base.

Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Oyster came to playday

Oysterstamps came to playday in June and brought the wonderful Barbara Nicholson who ran a one day workshop for us.  Fab fab day & we can't wait to do it again.

This is my project from the day.  Lots of prima mediums on a canvas board, shells, sprays, micas & micro beads.  Pic is from about 6 years ago of me & hubby on holiday in Tunisia, one of the shells I used came from that holiday, the others are ones I've picked up on beaches in the uk.

Augusts playday project

This months project is inspired by a pin I found which led me to shabbychicinspired blog where she made a fab matchbox cabinet using a cigar box and blank matchboxes.  I had neither and didn't really want to spend the money on buying them so a fair bit of cutting then scoring with hougie, lots of dst, glue & gummed tape 12 sheets of card became a 6 * 6 column & row block of matchboxes. 1 sheet of a3 mountboard became the cigar box and 2 sheets of cream card got stamped on & cut out, 2 sheets of black card got diecut, trimmed & shaped and 43 beads got glued on.  The girls are quaking in their boots at the thought of this one and I've got a feeling only 1 or 2 are going to be brave enough to attempt it ;o)